Voco in Ignis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Until Grandfather and Father sing

3 posters

Go down

Until Grandfather and Father sing Empty Until Grandfather and Father sing

Post  Noem Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Trembling i stood there, petrified and horrofied. Why didn't I run? I had some time left to look around, i had some time left to force a door down. So....why did i stand here in front of the old Grandfather clock? Staring at it's aged hands, listening to his long forgotten ticking sound with each hand's movement. Within the dark with only the open windows allowing moonlight in for my light, i could see the old clock without any trouble. Within my white trembling hands, I clutched my Father's pocketwatch ever so tightly. You could throw me on the streets, take my name, my clothes, all of it and the one thing i would keep, would be this watch.
My trembling increased as the minute hand neared the 12 on the old clock. Looking at my watch, the words of the mad man ran through my head. "And upon the one, a time obsseded fool shall fall upon the floor. Listening to the singing of long forgotten Grandfather and the Father he clings to." Opening the watch slowly, as soon as it opened, both clocks struck one.
Old Grandfather started to sing loud and strong, while father sang soft and low. As their song begain while the second hand was on the 12 along with teh minute hand, a sword i think, went through my back and chest. Falling to the ground, Father slipped from my hands that were still trembling. Landing hard upon the ground, i felt the blade being removed and stared at the moonlit floor. The song kept going and poor Father fell upon the ground, shattering, yet he still managed to make a sound. I lay there twitching and trembling over, my eyes filled with terror. *Is silence what you wish of me? Then listen to your song i shall. For silence is all taht there is laying on this floor, but listening up to the ceiling. Your song, i shall hear.* and that was my final thought, however as i faded, i could hear the sound of chains dragging and i knew who it was. It was the madman, the one who arranged it all, and he was leaving, his work done with I gone. (This is part of a story idea i have, this isn't the ending of the book. If anyone wants to hear or learn more please comment. If you just want to state your opinion please do, i really like hearing what people think of what i type. thank you)
Noem
Noem

Back to top Go down

Until Grandfather and Father sing Empty Re: Until Grandfather and Father sing

Post  Feral Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Beautifully written, Noem. If you seek to make this into a story... I can't wait to read more!!
Feral
Feral

http://wolven-flame77.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyre the Wolf Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Nice job Noem! It slids from one sentence to another. That's great.
Lyre the Wolf
Lyre the Wolf

Back to top Go down

Until Grandfather and Father sing Empty To Lyre

Post  Noem Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks for the comment, I wasn't sure on how to write taht scene though. At first, i wasn't going to do it in first person but i decided to give it a go.
Noem
Noem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down